The Christmas cookies are all gone and the presents have been opened. But that’s not a reason to wait another year to celebrate Christmas joy. This year, Clausfest is making its way back to Gatlinburg, to celebrate Santa and all things Christmas, of course!
It’s never too early to be planning for Christmas! The event welcomes anyone who helps spread holiday cheer in the form of Santa, Mrs. Claus, elves and more. Featuring workshops, vendors, a fashion show, a formal evening and more, the event is sure to be a cheerful way to keep the Christmas season alive. The event in Gatlinburg will begin on March 15 and end on March 19. Approximately 350 Santas, and elves, are expected to attend the event this year!
If you’re in town during the event, don’t be surprised if you see more than 300 Santas wandering along the Gatlinburg Parkway or visiting any of the great Gatlinburg attractions.
The Clausfest team has released a tentative agenda. The overall theme of the convention is ‘Keeping Christ in Christmas.’
- Friday, March 14
- During the evening hours there will be a meet and greet at 7 p.m. Vendors will be allowed to begin setup on this day.
- Saturday, March 15
- The annual ‘Parade of the Clauses’ in downtown Gatlinburg will begin at 4 p.m. There is an optional evening dinner at the Lumberjack Feud dinner and show theater.
- Sunday, March 16
- The Santa and Friends Nature Walk will begin at 1:30 p.m. There will be more details announced closer to the convention.
- Workshops will begin on this day and will continue through Monday, March 17. Sunday evening dinner is optional at The Wood Grill Buffet.
- Working with the Media
- Santa’s Visit
- Working with Pets
- The MALL Santa
- Balloon Twisting and Sneak a Peek Santa
- Santa Magic and Costuming
- Instant Photo Set Up
- Mrs. Claus 101
- Additional workshops will be added to the Clausfest workshops page as they become available.
- Monday, March 17
- This evening, guests will take part in the yearly Fashion Show, one of the most popular parts of the Clausfest event in Gatlinburg. Applications for the fashion show are due by January 30, 2014, so make sure to enter as soon as possible! The fashion show is open to the public, who will be the judges, so make sure to dress your best and be ready for a fun night!
- A pet show is on the tentative agenda, but the time and date have not yet been determined. If you plan to take part in the pet show, you’ll want to take a look at our pet friendly travel tips to guarantee a great stay with your four-legged friend.
- Tuesday, March 18
- The Clausfest Variety Show will take place in the morning at the Mills Auditorium in downtown Gatlinburg. This entertainment is the first of its kind in the Santa community, and is sure to keep everyone in the jolly spirit.
- The formal event, The Snowball, will take place on the evening of March 18 at the Gatlinburg Convention Center. The cost is $55 per ticket to the event, and tickets can be purchased on the Clausfest website. Dinner will be served, and entertainment will include a magic show by Duane and Mary Laflin, followed by music by The Swing Sisters. The DJ for the event will be Santa Eddie Burch and his wife Linda Troy Burch. There will be an official photographer for the event, so you can have your picture taken.
- Wednesday, March 19
- Provided the weather is cold enough, from 11 a.m. to approximately 12:30 p.m., the Santa Snow Tube Races will take place at Ober Gatlinburg.
Where to Order Clausfest Merchandise
To make pre-Clausfest purchases of t-shirts and other accessories, you can visit the Country Store which will open for purchases on January 3.
Where to Stay for the Clausfest Event in Gatlinburg
Stony Brook Lodging provides premier Gatlinburg cabin rentals, perfect for your stay. If Santa and Mrs. Claus want to stay together for a getaway to the Smokies, Stony Brook offers a great selection of one-bedroom cabins in Gatlinburg. If you’re looking to get a group of people together to stay in a cabin, there are also large group cabins available. To book your stay, give us a call at (800) 633-5652 to speak with our friendly vacation specialists.