3 Steps for Planning a Getaway with Friends at Our Gatlinburg Vacation Cabins
Gatlinburg is a great place for a friends getaway! Whether you’re planning a reunion with your high school pals who you haven’t seen in ages, or you’re driving to the Smokies with some buddies from work, you will have a wonderful time enjoying everything the area has to offer. To help you make the most of your trip, Stony Brook has put together a convenient guide to planning a retreat with your friends at our Gatlinburg vacation cabins.
1. Pick the Dates for Your Trip
When you have to coordinate schedules with a number of people, it can be hard to find dates that work for everyone in your group. We suggest asking all of your friends for a list of potential dates for your trip and then seeing where you overlap.
Three day weekends can be perfect for a friends getaway, as most people get these holidays off from work. Here are some long weekends that you may want to take advantage of:
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents Day
2. Choose the Right Cabin
Stony Brook offers a great selection of Gatlinburg vacation cabins for your group to choose from. With everything from 1 bedroom cabins to 5+ bedroom cabins that sleep up to 26 guests, we can accommodate parties of any size. If you’re planning a friends getaway with even more than 26 people, we can find you two cabins that are next to one another.
In addition to the size of the cabin, another thing to consider is location. Do you want to be close to downtown? Near the Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort? Minutes from the Arts & Crafts Community? You can use our Gatlinburg Cabin Locations Map to see where all of our properties are located.
3. Plan Some Fun Activities
There is no shortage of things to do in Gatlinburg! The area is full of awesome attractions that are great for a friends retreat. Here are a few activities you may want to check out during your vacation:
- Hiking to a waterfall, such as Abrams Falls, Laurel Falls, or Grotto Falls.
- Sampling the free moonshine at the distilleries in downtown Gatlinburg or sampling the free wine along the Rocky Top Wine Trail.
- Skiing, snowboarding, or tubing at Ober Gatlinburg during the winter, or enjoying their Ski Mountain Coaster, Alpine Slide, and ice skating rink year round.
- Watching one of the great shows at the Iris Theater in the Gatlinburg Space Needle or the Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre.
- Admiring the scenic views from the Gatlinburg Sky Lift.
- Taking advantage of our free Gatlinburg attractions tickets. With our Fun Pass, you’ll get one complimentary adult admission to a variety of awesome attractions each night of your stay. Our Fun Pass can be redeemed for a ziplining adventure, a whitewater rafting trip, a visit to the aquarium, and other great activities!
To start planning your friends getaway, check out our complete selection of Gatlinburg vacation cabins. If you have any questions about our properties, or would like a cabin recommendation, don’t hesitate to give us a call!