As much as we all look forward to vacations, sometimes planning can be a daunting and stressful task. Between trying to plan visits to attractions everyone will love, along with the need to get all your pre-vacation errands run, we sometimes need a vacation from vacation traveling. In the Smoky Mountains, there’s no such problem.
(See Related: Top 5 Free Things to Do in Gatlinburg TN with Kids)
For a stress-free vacation in the Smokies, we have 3 things you didn’t know to make it easier to say goodbye to stress and schedules and hello to relaxation and family time.
1. Travel Preparation
Packing clothes, scheduling time away from work and getting everything together can be the hardest parts of a vacation. Preparing for a cabin vacation is much less stressful than packing for a stay at a hotel.
Since the cabins are fully-furnished with pots, pans, and all the furniture you’ll need, there are few things you need to pack to be comfortable during your visit.
Things you might want to pack:
- Trash Bags
- Paper Towels
- Coffee Filters
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Other than that, you’ll only need to pack your clothing and personal essentials. This helps lessen your packing and takes a little stress off preparing to spend your vacation in a cabin.
2. Let Plans Go
Although you might feel the need to plan each minute of the trip to pack in everything the family would like to do, we recommend you let some of those plans go.
One of the best things about a vacation in the Smokies is that families can have a visit that recharges them for work and school rather than wears everyone out. In a cabin, you can take in stunning mountain views from a bubbling hot tub, or play games in the cozy family room. There’s not limits to the fun families have in the Smokies!
The three tips below will help you get the most out of a vacation without overdoing it.
- Don’t over-plan. Leave some free time for doing nothing. If you’re feeling tired, you’re schedule still has just enough time for a rejuvenating nap or a few minutes rocking on the back porch.
- Disconnect somewhat. Completely disconnecting is unheard these days. Instead of constantly having your phone in hand, block out a small chunk of time to respond to work emails, so you can focus without distractions.
- Explore. There are plenty of fun things to do in the Smoky Mountains that are off the beaten path. Relax, and let some of your plans just fall into place. Those spur-of-the-moment stops often turn out to be the most fun of the entire trip.
3. Smoky Mountain Cabin Rentals
We gave this secret away in the title. For families staying near Gatlinburg, cabins are the best lodging option. To keep the family from feeling cramped, Smoky Mountain cabin rentals offer the space everyone needs to enjoy each other without crowding.
Stony Brook Cabins offers a variety of cabins from smaller honeymoon cabins to large group cabins that can sleep more than 30 people. Having everyone together can cut down on stress, and the cabins are fully-furnished with necessary items and amenities the family can enjoy.
Take a stress free vacation by booking a vacation rental with Stony Brook. View our online inventory of Smoky Mountain cabin rentals to get started today.